I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.
1 Corinthians 9
About the community we serve
Our ministry serves a community of ~900 people in th village called Santa Juquila in Maneadero Mexico. Originally from Chipas, Guerrero, Oaxaca and Puebla, Mexico they are a mixture from the indigenous Mexican tribes of Mixteco and Triqui. They are migrant farmers who have separated from their tribe and head north to break from their tribal roots.
About our mission
Xiwi de Vida strives to meet the needs of the surrounding community and the challenges they face. We seek to follow the heart and command of Jesus to go into all the world and preach the good news.
Evangelism & Discipleship
- Sunday: Church Services and Fellowship/Prayer/Counseling
- Tuesdays: Women’s Sewing Ministry from 9am to 4pm, Worship Team Practice/Prayer starting at 6pm Ministry/Counseling
- Wednesday: Life skills and parenting classes
Thursday: Women’s counseling (with daycare available)
- Fridays: Mens Bible Study at 6pm
Additional update starting in August:
We will be Preaching one Sunday per month in their native Language of Mixteco…we will determine if that is God’s will moving forward.
- We provide aid in education, both on-site and in the community.
- Kids and teen outings
- Community clean up and infrastructure work
- Hosting events and celebrations for the community
Provide food, hygiene, and OTC medicines, and clothes. We also provide transportation to and from the ministry throughout the week. Rides to and from the cafeteria, to and from Church and scheduled events at the ministry.